Monday, January 21, 2008

To My Buddy, My Destiny

[from the Traveller]

I’ll take your hand and I won’t get lost
For the voice in you is the guide I sought.
The travels of longing shall soon be gone
For your smile, Buddy, is my morning sun.

I’ve travelled a long and tortuous path
Of low clouds and their ominous wrath;
The elusive light is now a buried past
For my destiny is the bottom of your heart.

I thank you, Buddy, for guiding my way
Those gentle whispers when I go astray;
The strength I feel every time you pray
And fight for life when the day is grey.

There’ll be no more dark lanes to wander
Nor false stars to get lost and meander;
My treacherous path has now gone asunder
For you built a flowered trail for us together.

Together, we walk this path hand in hand
And follow your torch, never minding a bend;
Should this road become thorny again
Together we'll travel it out; hand in hand.


Clifton Pascua; 12 September 2007

No comments: