Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hearse of Death



You were the promise that enticed
My soul to fly across the
Vast sky of cloudlessness
Toward forgetfulness;
Along landscaped fantasies.

You were the smile that lured
My spirit to swim across the
The vast ocean of weightlessness
Toward unrestrained waves
Of freely floating dreams.

I hugged the fleeting ecstasy
Of your warm embrace.
I basked in the ephemeral music
Of your haughty grace.
Because I lived for the thrill
Of staring at your hazy gaze.

But now, as you drag slowly by
In this procession of mistakes
I wake up from my trance
And finally see you as you are:
The lie that seized my spirit;
The hearse that carried me to my death.



[seb; 02 July 2008; 10:04pm]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very creative, when people read this it widens our imaginations.

Anonymous said...

Well, all I can say is. Im hungry.

Payperbiz said...

Ouch! It's that painful poem again. Brainteaser struck me once, now you're doing it again, hehehe:) May paglalagyan kaya dito sa bahay nyo ang VCO ko?:)

Anonymous said...

I think the last time I have written poems is when I was still in High school... haha so when was that? ;)

Clifton and Sherma said...

Hello Tonette and Vhincent!

Tonetski, siempre, meron. Hehehhe.... Sill set it up soon.

Hi Vhincent. Lemme compute, lemme compute! Hahahahah :-)