Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Door

It stayed open.
It did not think of moving
To stand in your way
When you walked out
With the suitcase
That emptied the closet
Of my dreams.

It stayed close.
It did not stir
When you knocked.
It did not open itself
To welcome the dulcet hymn
Of the thousand promises
You carried in your trunk.

There’s nothing wrong
With my door.
It works perfectly fine.
It opens and closes still
But on its own now.
No longer according
to your whims.

The hinges have learned
To say, “Enough!”


//Sherma E. Benosa
August 2, 2008; 1057pm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

kaka-comment mo sa iba di ka na po nakakapah-post ng bago at wala ring nagko-comment sa nimo.

pero ayos lang, alive and kicking naman ang iyong blog ever...

Anonymous said...

Hito! Tama ka! Kaloka this VF! Huhuhu. Siya talaga dapat nagme-maintain nito. Kung bakit kasi mas gusto niya nangungulit e. Huhuhu.

Hmm. Talian ko kaya?

Unknown said...

You are a wonderful, powerful, moving poet. Thank you for providing me the opportunity to find this place. I intend to spend much time here, if you don't mind. (smile)

brainteaser said...

hello i.cant

thank you for the kind words, my friend. coming from a good poet such as yourself, it means a lot!

do check this blog out because this is where i post most of the time:

Bard and Brain

Anonymous said...

This is such an intimate poem. I think I might have read it once before and I was so taken by it's intimacy and tenderness. It is sad, beautiful and wistful all at once. Very compelling. Your depth of feeling and awareness combine to create some powerful prose my friend. Love, Robin